Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Vestiges, mvt. 4

For now, this is my last post on Vestiges, the string quartet I finished writing in January. I am toying with the idea of making further revisions, mostly concerning making the rhythms more interesting, but WHATEVER, this is how the piece stands at this time.

For the music geeks out there, this movement is a near-exact palindrome (after its midpoint, all the notes and most of the rhythms are presented backwards), and it uses its primary motive in a bunch of permutations (inversion, retrograde, in canon, you name it, I did it).

My longer-term goal for the piece is to find a venue for live performance, hopefully a new music festival at some point over the next year.

At any rate, this is the last movement of Vestiges (MIDI realization):



Hope you enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. Just keep creating whenever you can carve out a little chunk of time... one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete