Friday, May 10, 2013

"Hello, my friend"

It has been awhile since I posted a song with guitar.  To be honest, I have almost run out of "guitar songs" (those that I accompany myself singing with guitar).  I have maybe one more (which is more a sketch of a tune than a fully formed song), and another one, which is rather quite new and in fact, incomplete (though I do imagine that once I finish it, it will make the blog).  Guess I need to start writing more music!

I wrote this song when my guitar skills were quite abysmal (though I don't think I have ever really learned how to play . . .) so the accompaniment is a bit sparse.  I like the tune and the form of the song so it was one that I wanted to include on the blog.  Maybe some day I will re-write the guitar part to make it more interesting!




Music and lyrics written by Victoria Malawey © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Title: “Hello, my friend”
Written January 2000

Lyrics:
Hello, my friend, how you move me
I must admit these feelings are confusing to me

How can I justify the way I feel?
Don’t our thoughts make who are, not just our actions?

Afraid to say you make me happy
Your scent, your smile, how you listen and respond to me

I used to feel loved by him
Responsive to me and he’d listen

But now I sleep alone, I wonder how he gets along
And I know I can’t believe he is gone in the end

How can he justify the way he feels?
Don’t our thoughts make who are, not just our actions?

2 comments:

  1. I love the guitar - geez, which I had such abysmal skills. I thought it sounded great. I really do like your guitar playing songs and hope you start creating more. More. More. More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice hearing you on the guitar! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete