Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Directives for overcoming creativity-sucking demons



While I am doing NaMuWriMo (and hopefully beyond the month of November), the following directives will serve as mantras for me:
  • Stop judging. Start creating.
  • Commit to your projects and finish what you start.
  • Stop worrying about what other people think.
  • Honor your ideas.
  • Stop making excuses.
  • Prioritize creativity.
  • Stop weighing yourself.
  • Stop being critical and/or jealous of others.
  • Put your music out there!
  • Stop taking yourself too seriously.
  • Share your work with others.
  • Stop comparing yourself to others.
  • Stay accountable.
  • Just do the damn thing.
I know there is all this music inside me just waiting to come out.

6 comments:

  1. Just do the damn thing! I know you're well on your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect list that I shall steal and use myself!!!! PLEASE make music...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aunt Lynn. I have been writing each day--I am 4 for 4 so far!

      Delete
    2. I commented on your previous post, but I just noticed that it wasn't on there. What happened? Did you get it? I think I said something like YAY, blah blah blah.

      Delete
    3. Not sure what is going on with the comments--Kate said she wrote something, too, and several replies I have written aren't appearing either :(

      Delete