Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Longing"

So I thought it might be cool to post a love song on Valentine's Day.  As I have mentioned previously, I think it is challenging to write a good love song, but this is one of my favorites I've written.  I feel so-so about this particular recording (whatever)--it's far from perfect--but again I am challenging myself to let go of pretense and perfectionism and all of these related things that have hindered me from sharing my music in the past.  So without further ado . . .




Music and lyrics written by Victoria Malawey © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Title: "Longing"
Written May 2004

Lyrics:
Longing for you
Pining for you

I have to rely on my imagination
But the trouble is my imagination pales compared to reality

I have to rely on my recollection
But the trouble is sometimes my memory fails me

Longing for you
Pining for you

Imagining you’re here with me, singing and laughing
Your eyes, your lips, your smile—it’s all inside of me

Remembering just how you feel when you’re close to me
I just close my eyes and feel your body next to me

The days are so long
While I am patiently waiting here for you

Longing for you
Pining for you

4 comments:

  1. I suppose if you're a perfection (ha), it's why you state you feel this piece is so-so, but for those of us (me) who are mentally challenged when it comes to music, I'd hardly consider this so-so. I'm SO SO glad that you are putting your beautiful music out there... keep singing and playing! YAY!
    Oh and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all-time faves. May 2004...I wonder what happened way back then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember this one. It is amazing how it transports me back to that time. I remember you singing this one a lot now. Beautiful Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful love song. I love the lyrics as well as the composition. I am with Lynn - this isn't anywhere near so-so in my world!

    ReplyDelete