Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Waltz

For today's post, I am taking a short break from "Challenge no. 1" and instead going to share a chamber music piece I wrote a few years ago for alto saxophone and piano.  Tomorrow, the piece is going to be performed at a new music festival in Manchester, Indiana so I thought it would be timely to share it with you today.

Winter Waltz has been published by Jeanné Inc.  This recording features saxophonist Jonathan Bergeron and pianist Brian Lockard who performed the piece at the International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM) Congress 2011 in Flagstaff, Arizona on September 15, 2011.  Enjoy!










3 comments:

  1. Super rockin' and badass. Love it. I love when it chills out in the middle (around 1:30).

    PS - Tell that pianist his name is misspelled (what's with that?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and AWEsome. I agree with Kate, I love it when it chills out in the middle too. Funny that I had thought the same thing when I was listening. I'm just in AWE that one can write music and it's like Mozart or something. (You can see I don't have a good history on Music, so if this is more like another famous musician, then beg my pardon!) You know me. I think it's so cool that the piece is being played!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having this piece to listen to whenever I want since I last heard it/saw it performed at Central MO University (I think that was the college - Warrensburg?) with you, Victoria. Listening to it now brings a warm rush of pride and thorough enjoyment of hearing it and knowing it was composed by you.

    ReplyDelete