Friday, March 1, 2013

"for Jennifer"

This is an old song I wrote for a longtime friend after her mother passed away.  I regret not sharing it with her right after I wrote it (seems sad and ironic because I was trying to express the idea that I would be there for her).  At any rate, I guess it reflects where I was musically when I was 20 years old.  This project ("Challenge no. 1") has been fun for me because I am revisiting all of these songs I wrote a long time ago, many of which I haven't played in quite awhile.  I am glad I remember them.




Music and lyrics written by Victoria Malawey © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Title: "for Jennifer"
Written December 1997

Lyrics:
What can I say?
What should I say to her?
Take comfort in knowing she’s in a better place?
To treasure the memories and not to torture yourself?
What should I say?
Oh there’s nothing to say at all

What should I say?
What should I say to her?
Take comfort in knowing she suffers no more?
To trust in God if you believe?

Now you know you must be strong
Now you know what courage is
But if you lose your faith at all
Please know I’m here
I’m here for you
For you

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to express that you are there for a friend in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I both listened to this together, and think it's the loveliest piece yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites! So nice to hear this again Victoria.

    ReplyDelete