Friday, January 25, 2013

"Down"

Here's another of my songs with guitar.  It began as a song for me to sing with piano (that arrangement was in a lower key and had better voice leading), but when I worked it out on guitar, it seemed to fit the spirit of the song better.  Maybe I'll record the song with the piano accompaniment and see which you prefer. . . . But that will be another day and another post.


Music and lyrics written by Victoria Malawey © 2013 All Rights Reserved


Title: "Down"
Written Summer 2008

Lyrics:
I’m feeling down
I don’t know why
Yeah it’s all around
This feeling I feel know all inside

I’m on shaky ground
I look to the sky
I thought I finally found
The reason why I am alive

I’m feeling down
I don’t know why
Yeah it’s all around
This feeling I feel know all inside

3 comments:

  1. YAY, another masterpiece. I want all these on a CD that I can listen to in my car! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, your voice and sound and lyrics just choke me up. Your music moves me so! I agree with Lynn, we need these marvelous songs on a cd so I can listen to them anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Victoria--listening again. Love the "melismas" at the end of each stanza and when the bass begins walking "Down" too.

    ReplyDelete